Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Friday to remember!!!!!!!!!

Friday started out like any other day. We got up and got the kids off to school. Headed off to the gym for the morning workout and then back home to clean the house. Charley was being so good and helping out with making beds and picking up a bit. Linda came over to make a few stickers and so while we were talking sticker talk I put a movie on for Charley to watch. Everything was so quiet and I thought she was just really into her movie. A little later Charley came into the kitchen and asked me for a snack. As I turned to look at her I couldn't believe what I saw. She was completely white from head to toe with lotion. Linda went to find the lotion source while I cleaned her up. I was in such shock I really couldn't get mad and then after I cleaned her up Linda and I just sat and laughed at her. 1:30 came around and Charley and I hopped in the car to go get Ellie. When we got home Charley wanted a snack so I gave her some pudding. While she was eating I thought it would be a perfect time to run and jump in the shower before the older kids got home from school. When I got out of the shower I could hear Ellie yelling so I walked out into the front room and found Charley covered in pudding. It was everywhere. She decided to paint the top of the counter along with herself. I tried to control my temper and not get mad so I just took off her clothes and put her in the tub. We got her all cleaned up and dressed again. As most of you know I need my daily route 44 Diet Dr. Pepper by 3:00 or I am not a very happy person so I loaded who was home in the car and off to Sonic we went. The taste of the sweet drink was just what I needed to calm my nerves. The kids all home by now and I am getting ready for my date with Michael. I can hear the washer finish so I run to put the clothes into the drier and when I came back into the bathroom I found my drink of liquid gold all over the counter with Charley standing there holding my make-up. Everyone would be so proud of me. I just picked her up and placed her nicely in her room for the next hour and tried to calm down. By the time Michael got home things were better but I was ready to go out. Little Charley kissed me goodbye and it is amazing how I forgot how mad I was. This will go down in history as one of the worst days with charley but I am sure I have many more to face!

She thinks she is so cute.

Her Pudding art work!

Counter covered in soda!

6 comments:

Brown Family said...

Jaime,
My little Rhett and your little Charley would have SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER! Is it his name....(He is named after BOTH of Bart's brothers...or is it that he is just adorable and BUSY AS HECK all at the same time?!) Rhett is just as fun as Charley! My oh my how we are gonna get it over the upcoming years. By the way, I too am a HUGE fan of the Diet DP at Sonic. Gosh I love happy hour. Makes my day! Have a wonderful week, hopefully not full of too many suprises!

Race Fam said...

Wow, I give you the mother of the year award. How can you be so calm. I think after the lotion thing, I would have lost it! Don't you just love going on dates, just a couple of hours away and you start to remember that you really do love your kids!

Taylor Family said...

Oh Jaime!! What a day!! I am glad I am not the only one with days like that, it just means that our children are normal 2 year olds!! ha ha!! I am glad you still had a wonderful time on your date!! We love you guys and miss you soo much!!

Castiel Moyes said...

Hate those days. At least she is really really cute!

Diana and Gregg said...

boy, I needed a good laugh! I'm so proud of you for being calm because someday you will look back on this moment with such a chuckle and happy memories. mandi and I are still trying to figure out Brooklyn, it's like I'm having a baby all over again. I've forgotten everything!

Kim Simpson said...

I can't believe you are not sitting in jail somewhere. I would be since I think I would have lost it on my kid at that point and someone would have arrested me. I think you need a good breakfast out after you drop charlie off on Tues. IHOP anyone?