Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 1

Well day 1 started out as your normal day. I got up and got the kids ready to go to my moms where they would be staying while we are gone. I cleaned my house did laundry and packed last minute items. Michael came home at 11:30 and we waited for my mom to come and Marc and Linda to pick us up. At 1:30 we were on the road heading for the airport. Making good time we were in good spirits talking about how great things were going and how much fun we were going to have. We got onto the 405 freeway and the traffic stopped. As we inched along we began to watch the clock and started to get nervous. Our plane took off at 5:30 so we thought as long as we got there before 5:00 we would be good. Well we parked the car in long term, got on the bus and headed over to the terminal. At 4:45 we were in front of the check in machine ( Not a person every thing is done by computer). Michael put in all the info and out came a paper saying we need to see a supervisor. So we walked over and ask one of the workers what was going on and she said we were to late to get on our plane. We had to have checked in by 4:45 and the time on our ticket said 4:46. She sent us over to another line to talk to a head supervisor and by now it is 5:00. I am freaking out and Michael is pissed at the workers who won't help us so Linda walks up to the counter and starts talking to a head super and even brings on the tears. The lady told us we were to late to get on our flight but that we could fly out on Friday at the same time. That was the best she could do. So we picked our seats for Friday and headed out of the airport not on a plane. I was pretty upset but handled it pretty well. We stayed the night in a fabulous hotel (NOT) and got up Friday morning and headed back to the airport. We got there at 1:30 and checked in and made sure there was no way we were going to miss our flight again. We had a nice relaxing flight and landed down here at 8:00pm. We were all starving so we drove around trying to find something open to eat but had not luck so we bought our first meal in Hawaii at the Chevron gas station. I hope this isn't a sign of how this trip is going to be. I am sure it is going to be great from here on out! We are enjoying the beautiful weather and the beautiful condo we are staying in. I will be sure to post lots up pictures. Until next time.

3 comments:

Dean and Maryellen said...

Such fun. The trials of flying. Never know what will happen. Things should be good now. Have fun and relax.
Mom

Amy Coontz said...

That sounds really bad! But I still don't feel sorry for you! I haven't stepped foot on any beach, let alone Hawaii, in TWO years!!!

Taylor Family said...

Ahh!!! I talked to my yesterday and she told us the news!! I am soo glad you guys finally made it there!! We got your text too!! We love you and hope day two is better!! How can it not be your in Hawaii!!!