Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Updating!

Ok, so Sunni was talking to me the other day and told me I really needed to update my blog, I told here I really didn't have anything new and exciting and she laughed at me. I did have Kauners pine wood derby where he took 4th place but it is on video and I haven't been able to master that yet.
So I have been trying to think about what to write about that you all would find interesting and really there isn't much. I do have to say that the past few weeks I feel as though they are the same day repeating over and over. Let me explain. Every morning I get up and pray that Charley is going to be in a good mood. The very first sign of her will tell me how my day is going to go. Well the past few weeks have been hell. she is a total nightmare. I don't know what the deal is but all day long all I hear is screaming and crying. It doesn't matter what time of the day it is. I have sent her to her room and she still continues to throw her tantrums. I am at a lost with what to do with her. I try to talk to her, I try to hold her, I even try to just ignore her, and nothing works. She is screaming right now as I type. I keep hoping that a new day will come and she will finally be a child I would love to have around but every day becomes the same as the day before. HELP ME!!!! I am going to go crazy. Michael comes home and wonders why I am in such a bad mood. Does he really have to ask! Spend a day with Charley and you will counting the minutes until she goes to sleep. Any advise would be lovely. I am open to try anything with her at this point.

12 comments:

Race Fam said...

Charley sounds like Nixon his whole life. Ever since he was a baby, he wakes up and I never know if he'll be happy or cry at everything. Sometimes I'll give him what ever he wants because I don't want to deal with the grumpiness ( I know, I'm a bad mom.) He has gotten better as he gets older, so hopefully there is relief in sight for you. Good luck I feel for you!!

Amy Coontz said...

If I lived there I would be at your house tomorrow to take her away and give you a break!!! So sorry, I have never had one like that before.

Kim Simpson said...

Sorry no advice here, my kids have their own problems that I have yet to figure out so I don't think I am qualified to really help out anyone else. I will tell you when my kids had their screaming fits when they were younger I used to put that thumbs-it stuff on their tounge. That is until they got used to it and it stopped working. Then we moved onto Baking soda. Now they are getting old enough that when I take away a toy or video game they actually care. Good luck!

Castiel Moyes said...

Are we sharing a child? Seriously? I feel your pain! I am going to be checking back at any advise you get because I have given up. Seriously I called Dustin last night and turned in my resignation. He was laughing.....I wasn't. I told him I give up and he asked for suggestions of who to replace me and I couldn't think of anyone because I wouldn't wish my toddler on my worst enemy! Let's just pray that they grow out of it right? This is a phase.....this is a phase....this is a phase.....

The Reno Family said...

Jamie I wish I could help, but things are exactly the same around here...so...nope...no advice. It's such a sad day when they go from being your sweet little baby to a full-fledged nightmare child. My favorite part is desperately trying to translate what certain screams and whines mean. Makes you want to take up drinking.

Abby said...

My Sweetest Jaime!!!!! This Is Your Turn!!! HA! HA! Charley is You at two...I Told Dad what You Said so He wrote You This Poem:
Though raising kids can be such fun
it has its moments too
Where you are pushed to The brink
of knowing what To do
It's at these times you simply put
some ear plugs in your ears
And rest assured you'll still be loved
In a few more years
So just put Charley in Her Room
and let her scream away
Grab a good Book Or a flick
and have a lovely day.... HA! HA!

Diana and Gregg said...

Watch Supernanny!

Dean and Maryellen said...

I am so sorry that Charley has decided to give you nightmares. Especially becuase she is the last one. I really don't have any expereience in this. I did read something one time that kids who are not able to tell what they want get really mad. They suggested sign language to help them tell you. I think jill did that with Grace. Other then that I think your dad had the best idea. Just let her do her thing and go about your day giving her an adeqaute amount of attention. I will pray for you.
Mom U

Matthew Urmston said...

Super Nanny (kids) and Ceasar Milan the dog whisperer (dogs)have got it figured out. Check out this link, it might help it might not but it's worth a shot.

http://www.supernanny.co.uk/Advice/-/Parenting-Skills/-/Discipline-and-Reward/No-More-Tantrums.aspx

If these ideas don't help I would revert back to the earplug and/or drinking plan.

Taylor Family said...

Ahh Jaime we love you!!! Hang in there!!!! Girls weekend will be here before you know it!!

Urmston Family said...

Sounds like how Gracie was. I would highly suggest having her ears checked out. That's what was wrong with Grace for all those years of crying and not being able to help her. She couldn't hear. A couple of weeks ago we were watching home movies and I had recorded her having a little fit and it just made me sad because I had thought she was being a little stinker but it was her ears. Good luck and have her checked out.

Sarah said...

All of us have been there. I am currently living with Kai who has no empathy and doesn't understand right from wrong and tries to sneak out of the house at all hours (3am included). We've all wanted to quit too! We should start a support group!