Monday, September 24, 2007

Our weekend at Bass Lake

This past weekend our family took our annual trip to Bass Lake. This time we decided to rent a house. Boy was it great. I loved not having to set up tents or worry about the weather. We just got there unloaded our car and were ready to head out to the lake. It was so beautiful up there. It was so quiet and peaceful. The weather on the other hand was freezing. Last year when we went it was colder then normal but still in the high 70's. This year it was freezing. There was wind and tons of rain clouds and the weather was in the 60's. It was warmer in the water then in the boat. Jordan and Candice came up on Thursday night to spend the weekend with us. We had a great time. Jordan, Michael and the kids went out on Friday and skied most of the day. They came home and were all shaking and lips were purple. It was pretty funny. Candice and I just stayed at the house and watched movies, read books, and enjoyed doing nothing. Friday night Mikey and Anya came to join the fun. Saturday everyone went out on the lake! The first group (Mikey, Anya, Candice, Jordan, Michael, and Kauner) went in the morning and then when they arrived back home Dean and Maryellen had come up for the day and they all went to lunch at Millers landing. The rumor is they have the best hamburgers around. After lunch we had a nice visit with Dean and Maryellen. Later that afternoon Michael, Jordan, me and the kids headed out. I finally worked up enough nerve to get in. Boy was it cold but the water was pretty smooth! While Jordan was skiing it began to pour. All the kids loved getting rained on in the boat. Saturday night it rained and rained and rained. We baked cookies and watched t.v. and were so happy to be inside! We had to pack up on Sunday and head home. Ellie said she wasn't ready to go but we had to get back to the real world.


Michael and Ellie

Jordan was so good to play games with the kids!

This was the cute little kitchen with the sweet 1950 stove.

Michael and the kids getting ready to go out on the lake. Don't you love the sweatshirts with the bathing suits!

4 comments:

Mandee said...

K... Michael still looks like he did in high school! D Urmston's not age?

AND, your little boy looks so much like Nathan did when he was little. I can't get over it. He probably looks like Michael did, but I don't remember Michael when he was little.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I wish I could of been there. I love you tons!

Amy Coontz said...

Sounds like a blast, even with the yucky weather.

David said...

i was gonna send you something but i cant remember