Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dr. Suess Day

Every year at Norris they celebrate Dr. Suess day by doing something fun with the kids. The last few years it was crazy hat day but this year they had them wear Dr. Suess t-shirts. They were going to have a contest on the best t-shirt. My kids of course wanted to be part of this event so I ran to Wal-mart and bought a few white ts and then had them find what they wanted to put on them. Kauner and Ellies where pretty easy because I was able to copy them right out of the book and then paint them but Hayden of course picked one that I couldn't find a very good picture of so I spent half the afternoon drawing it big enough to be able to put on the front of his shirt. I do have say it turned out pretty good. Sunday night Michael stayed up with me to keep me company while I painted the shirts until 1:30 in the morning. They looked so cute and were so excited to go to school. We didn't win anything but they were just happy to have their shirts.



6 comments:

Urmston Family said...

Ok I hope you kids won! I was at Smart and Final today but didn't see your car or I must have missed you. I will catch ya next time.

Abby said...

Jaime, You did Such a Great Job!!! You Really take after Your dad with his ability To Draw anything..I Know why They didn't win anything.. everyone Thought You Just Bought Them at The store.. Great job!!!! Love Mom

Amy Coontz said...

WOW!! They look like you bought them!!

Carianne said...

You should get a "Mom Award" for those. That is awesome. I was bad and did nothing for my girls. I had no idea people really went out and all. Super cute shirts...I'm impressed.

I have so missed the gym. I was on a roll and then everyone got sick (probably from the childcare there.) I am hoping to be back next week. Maybe I will see you. :o)

Taylor Family said...

WOW those look awsome!! You are so good!!! Cant wait to see you this weekend!!

The Panero Family said...

You are so artistically talented. I am green with envy. I wish I was tan with envy but I did not get those genes.