I just wanted to write about my sweet Charley today. I find myself getting very emotional at times when I watch her and know that she is my last baby. Don't get me wrong she has been my greatest challenge so far but everyday she grows up alittle more and really is begining to be a good baby or should I say little girl. I signed her up last week for preschool in the fall and I think that was when it hit me. I never thought I would say I wanted to have another baby but, at times I do have those feelings and am sad that I can't. Charley is very good at pushing my buttons and really fights to get her way. At times that means screaming until I give in but I am working on that with her. The last few nights she has been waking up at night and lays by the door on the floor and calls out until I open the door for her. She then stands up and reaches out for me to pick her up. She says, "hold you" and so I pick her up and hold her very close and rub her back. The part that just makes me cry is as I am rubbing her back she is rubbing mine. I find myself at times waking up hoping to hear her calling out to me. I never thought I would agree with my mom when she said to charish every mintue with them. I hope I can remember these feelings I am having right know on days when Charley is having a huge fit in the middle of the store!
Friday, February 1, 2008
My sweet Charley!
Posted by Jaime at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Oh, Jaime, that made me about cry!! Spencer and I will have LOTS more ha ha so you can get your baby fix from us, I know it wont be the same but at least it wil ease some of it! Spencer is shaking his head as I write this by the way!! We love you!! Cant wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!
as The years Go By,, You will Find Your self Longing For The Touch Of a Baby,, being a Mother I Think, It;s Just In Our make Up... Sometimes It's so strong That You Just have To Reach out and Touch a baby.. haven't You Been at The store and Had someone Older Reach Out and Touch Your Babies???Now You Know Why..Some Times I have Dreams Of You Guys when You were Little and I awake and Can't wait To see You and have You Reach Out For Me,Then I Realise That You are Grown with babies Of Your Own.It Never Gets easyer But You do someday get Grandbabies and Thats a Whole new Ball Game!!! Love You Mom
I have those very same moments. And I'm sure it will get worse as my baby gets older.
Whenever I see the older ladies smile at me in the store (with all 3 kids in my shopping cart) I wonder if they are smiling because they think I'm crazy, or because they are reminded of their mom days from long ago. For me, their smile is always a good reminder to enjoy my kids while they're little. And to not beat them while they are throwing a fit in the middle of the store.
Next time I see you leaving preschool with Charly being carried under your arm kicking and screaming and you saying it has been one of those days I am going to tell you to go home and read this. So cute!
Hi Jaime I got your blog from Lisa. I Just thought Id say Hi! your kids are so cute. All mine are growing up too fast also. My youngest Hunter is now 9 and will be 10 in September and My oldest Tyler will be 15 this April. Crazy huh. Anyways Id love to see you sometime.Love Shelby
Charley is so cute!!
Hey lady! Ran into your blog, and MAN DO I Relate To YOU! I almost called you, just because I felt so guilt enjoying everything. We are in very much the same place and I hope you don't mind my good time! I feel the same about my baby, the weight loss, Target, and my passion is Pepsi which I wish I could kick! Your crackin me up tonight! Thanks--I signed mine up for Tues/Thurs at St. Phillips--You too???
Post a Comment