Friday, March 7, 2008

Kindergarten here we come!

Well this week our kindergarten packets were ready and so off to the school I went. I think they come up with something new to add to the packet every year. I made all the appointments for shots and such and was ready to go. Wednesday arrived and I told Ellie we had to go to the doctor to get ready for school. She was so nervous and said she felt sick. I felt so bad. I was trying to tell her it wasn't going to be a big deal but she knew I was lying. our first challenge was peeing in a cup. She did not want that thing anywhere near her. It took some talking to but we got our sample. Next came the doctor. She was very good with Ellie and made her feel very important. Everything looked great and she said Ellie is right where she should be in height and weight. Last but not least came the shots. She got 2 in each leg. I thought she handled it pretty well. She only cried for a few minutes and then was ready to go and pick out a prize out of the kindergarten box. Ellie's pre-school teacher asked me if she was going to go to kindergarten and I was nervous to say yes. Since Ellies birthday is the cut off day we were afraid that she should wait one more year but her teacher told me that she felt Ellie was ready for school. That she would do just fine so the next day I finished filling out all the paper work and we walked it over to the school. They told her they were excited for her to join their school. You should have seen her face, she is so excited. We are in and ready to go. Now we just sit back and wait for August to find out who the lucky teacher will be. We will be sure to post when we find out!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Jaime that is soo exciting!! I cant believe she is already going to school!! The easter baskets look great thank you soo much!! Give everyone hugs and kisses for us!!

Urmston Family said...

So happy for Ellie and you. Only one at home next fall. She'll do great especially with her two older brothers looking out for her. ~Jill

Mr. Ailstron said...

This isn't relevant to the post, but we would just like to point out that although you aren't under our family link, neither are we under yours. And we're about to put you under ours, so we expect the same.
Garrett/Porter

Jessica said...

Hi,
Kaylin gets nervous about something new and the doctors. You feel so bad for them and try to tell them it wll be okay. That is very exciting!
Jessica

Dean and Maryellen said...

How can it be that this sweet little girl is going to go to school. Where did that time go. She will love every minute. Be sure you love every minute until she goes.
Mom

Kate said...

Ellie is so cute! She will have so much fun in kindergarten! And I am sure her first day of school outfit will be darling!!!